London, July 22nd, 2022: Metaverse platform Virtua will officially partner with the Yorkshire County Cricket Club (YCCC) for the remainder of the 2022 season and beyond.
The partnership begins today, and fans will begin to see Virtua’s branding appear around YCCC’s home ground for domestic and international matches. As part of the partnership, Virtua and YCCC are exploring a number of NFT collections for fans, including money-can’t-buy experiences.
The partnership will see Virtua working with yet another major brand in British sport. The company joined Williams Racing as its official metaverse partner earlier in the year, and its logo can now be seen on the side of Williams’ Formula One racing car and on driver overalls.
Yorkshire is one of 18 first-class county cricket clubs in the UK, and plays its home games at Headingley in Leeds. The club also hosts several England international cricket matches each year, and Yorkshire CCC players including Joe Root, Katherine Brunt, and Jonny Bairstow are frequently part of England’s first team.
Established in 2017, Virtua is a gamified metaverse platform and industry-leading NFT marketplace which partners with leading brands and IPs to produce premium NFT collections, and provides access for brands and individuals to enter the metaverse.
Virtua CEO Jawad Ashraf said: “We’re excited to be partnering with Yorkshire County Cricket Club, and discussions are already taking place around what could be our first NFT collection. Following Williams Racing, it’s another great partnership for us to explore activity that will transition into our soon-to-launch metaverse.”
Yorkshire CCC’s Chief Operating Officer Andy Dawson said: “Virtua are the ideal partner to collaborate with as we look to take Yorkshire County Cricket Club to the next stage in fan engagement and the metaverse. We’ve been interested in exploring NFTs for some time, what they can offer our fans in terms of real-world utility and in the metaverse.”
The partnership begins this weekend – and to celebrate, Virtua has launched a competition to win five pairs of VIP tickets to the one-day international between England and South Africa on Sunday the 24th of July. To enter, follow the Virtua Twitter page for more details and refer to the competition terms and conditions below.
Competition Terms & Conditions
YCCC Win Free Tickets (Only)
PREMIUM EXPERIENCE ENGLAND VS SOUTH AFRICA
24 JULY 2022
How to enter:
- Competition period – 22/07/2022 at 9:30 AM (BST) to 23/07/2022 at 7 AM (BST) (Draw on the 23/07/2022 at 8 AM)
- Follow @Virtua_official + @VirtuaMetaverse on Twitter
- Retweet the Virtua / Yorkshire CCC competition tweet from Friday 22nd July 2022 for a chance to win.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Sponsor/the Promoter: VIRTUA LTD (company number 11211373) whose principal place of business is at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX
- Competition: YCCC Premium experience win free tickets to the England Vs South Africa game.
- Website: virtua.com
- Period: 22/07/2022 (Opening Date) – 23/07/2022 (Closing Date)
- Draw date: 23/07/22 at 8 AM BST
Description of the Competition Mechanic and the T&C’s :
- Open to any public member who meets the competition criteria and registers themselves for the Competition.
- is aged 18 or older at the time of entry.
- Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law
- One individual signing up gets one entry.
- Any individual registering for the Competition is presumed to have accepted all these Terms and Conditions with no exclusion.
- Agreement to Terms & Conditions:
- By participating in the Competition, participants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize OR any prize you may win. The Sponsor may require you to prove that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- To Enter the competition:
- Competition is open to everyone who meets the competition criteria.
- Along with registering for the Competition, the entrant should also be following one of the Sponsor’s social platforms. The registration details used at the entry will be used as the entrant’s contact details.
- Each entrant must be the rightful owner of the email used for registering. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Virtua email/account is linked to the entry.
- Entrants must provide all the information requested by the Sponsor to be eligible to win and claim the prize. All information provided by entrants becomes the property of the Sponsor.
- No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed, and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The Sponsor reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- Competition entries cannot be returned
- Selection of Winner:
- The winning entrant will be selected at random from all the entrants who have followed @virtua_official + @VirtuaMetaverse on Twitter and retweeted the tweet tagging @YorkshireCCC
- Competition winner will be chosen from a draw drawn at random on the date mentioned above.
- Notification of Winners:
- The Winner will be notified via Twitter.
- The Sponsor will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim a prize, the prize may be forfeited. An alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person whose entry meets all the criteria of the Competition.
- The Sponsor will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within two days of the announcement, the Sponsor reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received during the Period
Prize: Premium experience England vs south Africa game tickets
- Prize(s) will be redeemable at any time as stated in this document, subject to the exclusions. The sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or more excellent value. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted except as provided herein. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability of the prize, the Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of the Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Should the winner select not to utilise a specific portion of the prize, such amount is to be deemed forfeited. The winner will be liable for any cost over and above what has been specifically stated herein.
- Any third party may not claim prizes on your behalf. The Sponsor does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize
Participation in the Competition constitutes consent to use the participant’s name, biographical information, image, and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Participant releases and holds harmless the respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, Affiliates), of the sponsor, for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
Winners or participants may be required to participate in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Winners or participants that take part in the publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Sponsor
- Employees of the Sponsor and its Affiliates, advertising, marketing, competition, and any contractors/ fulfilment agencies, are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- By participating and winning a prize, each winner releases the Sponsor and its Affiliates, including advertising and competition agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Competition or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including and without limitation to;
(i) any condition caused by events beyond the Sponsor’s control that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted;
(ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or because of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Competition and
(iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Competition is compromised, without liability to the entrant. The Sponsor and its Affiliates are not responsible if the Competition cannot take place or if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, postponements, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Competition and/or Draw Date and/or award the Prize at any time.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time without any notice being given to the entrants.
- No entrant shall have any resource or claim against the Sponsor as a result of a) any amendment to these terms and conditions; b) The Sponsor’s cancellation, termination, suspension or postponement of the competition; c) The Sponsor’s inability, despite attempts, in line with these terms and conditions, to reach a participant
- Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and its Affiliates have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Therefore, any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms, and each winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- ARBITRATION and WAIVER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES: As a condition of participating in this Competition, participants agree that;
(a) Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, nor obtain awards to it.
(b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including costs associated with entering the Competition, but in no event shall any award include legal fees. Disputes arising from this Competition, or any matter arising therefrom, whether direct or indirect, will be determined according to the laws of England and Wales without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to the Competition shall be instituted exclusively in the courts of England and Wales although the Sponsor retains the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding in any other relevant jurisdiction.