London, UK, 26th September 2022: Jawad Ashraf, the CEO and Co-Founder of metaverse platform Virtua, has been recognised as ‘Meta Leader of the Year’ at the first-ever GB Tech Web3 Awards.
In a career spanning decades, Ashraf has been at the forefront of innovation in emerging technology. Having pioneered software development in industry and enterprise, he’s been a driving force in the early adoption of progressive tech, including Web3.
The awards ceremony – held on Friday 23rd September at Social Distrikt, The Pointe in Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah – celebrates the most influential companies, startups, and thought leaders from the Web3 community.
Jawad Ashraf, CEO and Co-Founder of Virtua, said: “We’re only just at the cusp of Web3 adoption, and I am honoured to have been recognised as the Meta Leader of the Year. This achievement has come at a time when we’re taking significant steps into the metaverse world with our soon-to-launch metaverse, and we are incredibly proud that our efforts are being recognised by the industry.”
Hosted by Motivate Media Group and GB Tech Talk (a Gulf Business brand) with the support of Arte, a Web3 community, the event attracted over 100 key decision makers, startups, and organisations in the blockchain space.
A total of 15 awards were given to some of the best and brightest in the industry, selected by a panel of leading expert judges who chose their winners based on their knowledge and expertise in the market.
Other award winners included:
- Blockchain Frontier – FTFT Capital
- Blockchain Company of the Year – Velas
- Blockchain Leader of the Year – Dr Naveen Singh, Inery
- GameFi – Race Kingdom
- DeFi – Palmswap
- Meta Company of the Year – Everdome
- Innovation of the Year – Evai
- Best NFT Design and Utility – Queen Mode
- NFT Project of the Year – EX-Sports
- Best Public Sector Project – Nifty Orient
- Best Private Sector Project – Tokengate
- Web3 Fintech – KMMRCE
- Web3 Startup of the Year – Pulse Music
- Web3 Marketer of the Year – Melanie Mohr
For more information about Virtua’s metaverse, click here.